Friday, February 18, 2011

Solar Flares!

The science behind solar flares is something I've been extremely interested in for quite some time.  I've done a lot of research regarding solar flares, and how they interact and effect our planet.

However, every time I try to talk about solar flares and their relation to 2012, everyone laughs at off as a joke and thinks I'm crazy!  I've sworn time and time again that I'm not crazy, and I've done my research on this topic. Note that I'm not a scientist, or an astronomer by any means.  Though I would go ahead and call myself a science enthusiast...  

Solar flares and the relation to 2012 is as follows.  Everyone believes the Mayan's end date of Dec 21st 2012 is just some ancient doomsday myth.  However, the Mayan prediction is not that of the worlds end, its that of a new beginning for our planet.  The Earth is not going to be microwaved and destroyed by radiation and geomagnetic energy in or around 2012.  However, around that time period is the approximate end of our suns reoccurring 11 year solar cycle.  Near the end of each solar cycle our sun begins emitting more solar flares on a frequent and regular basis.  Some of which can cause fluctuations on Earth in our power grids, it can cause disruptions with Satellite and short wave communications, as well as larger flares can cause natural disaster and extreme weather on Earth.

A few days ago, on Feb 15th there was an X-Class solar flare from our sun.  This is the highest class for solar flares.  In the days leading up to the X-Class flare there were several smaller M-Class flares.  However, the X-Class flare on the 15th was strong enough to cause reported and documented fluctuations in power grids around the world, as well as disrupt short wave communications.  

So for anyone who's doubted my preaching of solar flare science over the past few years, here are some links to current, relevant, and documented information regarding the recent and upcoming events!  




To better understand the reports above, click the following link for Solar Flares on Wikipedia.


Try and laugh at me or call me crazy now!!! =P

No comments:

Post a Comment